Thursday, August 14, 2008

The power of my God

Have you ever been looking through your Bible, maybe during preaching or devotions, and you saw a verse that you swear you have never seen before? Maybe it's God pointing it out to us? Maybe it's the time in our lives when we are going through trials that we read the verse? Our Pastor preached on "Endurance" last night, and the endurance that Paul had. I forget what verse he was on, but Phil said... "Wow, look at this..." He got my attention to read it right then... here is what I saw....

"That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." I Cor 2:5

Wow! God is sooo good. He knows just when I need a little encouragement.

When going through a valley, like infertility, hearing of a new baby, or someone else getting pregnant, or the big one is... "We are getting "fixed"", these seem like such big things. (No disrespect meant to those who have made the fixing decision) The devil has really been fighting me this week. My faith has wavered, I'm ashamed to admit. A lady in our church just had a baby on Tuesday and the Grandma was proudly showing pictures, and gave testimony to the awesome miracle that a baby is, how precious, and amazing that God creates them! Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with her. But my teeth hurt from clenching down so hard to keep from crying. Why can't God give me a miracle?!?!? Yes, my faith waivered... but God knew, and He knows. I think He knows we have to go through hard times to get to the high points. The verse that Phil found last night, was a high point for me. God knew my faith was weary... and He knew I needed a "faith lift". Thank you God... and oh... Believe in the Power of God!

No comments: