Tuesday, October 28, 2008

::Unworthy::

I've been trying for days to think of how to write this on here... Have you ever as a Christian or even just in a situation with family/friends... been through a hard time, and wished you had handled it better? I feel so unworthy of God's blessing... There were times, I would clench my teeth I'd be so angry... angry that I couldn't do what every other woman made seem so easy. Times when I seriously wondered if God could hear me, or He just got tired of hearing from me, so He stoped listening. Times when all I could do was cry... Because the desire in my heart over whelmed me... I look back at those times now, and wish that I'd been a better person, a better Christian and a better wife... We all go through different things at different times, and different levels of heartache. Infertility... has been my thorn in the flesh. Could I have been better at this? Yes. Could I have been a better example? Yes. Could I have trusted God more? Yes. Could have have........... you fill in the blank, and I'll say, Yes. Do I regret it? No. Because all of this has made me such a better person. If you go through something like years of infertility, when God blesses you... it's such a sweet time...

Which leads me to my announcement....


I got a positive!!!


Yes, it's true... I'm pregnant! Very early, but it's there! Blood Test were good, and the nurse said... "You are definitely pregnant!" Today, I am 7weeks and 4days.

I have been shouting from the roof tops ever since last Wednesday... I'm trying to be level headed about it... I was in the first trimester when I lost my first last summer, which is where I am now. God knows, and He gave me this blessing for a reason...

I can't tell you how many prayers have been answered by this baby... so many people have been praying for me, and have been taking my burden before the Lord... I feel so unworthy of God's blessing...

For all of you who are still waiting on God whether it is for a child, or for something else... I'm praying for you. I've been exactly where you are, and I know exactly the feelings you have. And truthfully, all of you are probably handling this better than I ever did. Please pray for my husband and I, as we go through the first trimester... it's hard not to have the fear that the same thing will happen... But we have put it in God's hands... and God knows our hearts.

I can't help but be excited though!!! God answered prayer!! I have a child inside of me!!! Phil and I both are ecstatic that God chose to bless our home... and we are praying the same for you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

=D =D =D =D =D I love you girl!

Rene said...

What wonderful news! I am so thankful that you are pregnant and will pray for a health pregnancy. Is it amazing to think about?! I assume it must be :) Yay Yay Yay!

Valerie said...

Yay for you Emily! And praise the Lord! Not a single honest lady would tell you she is worthy to have a child! I'm so happy for you...and I don't even know you! :D
I was just about to tell you that I read an article about the lady Kate, on "Jon and Kate plus 8"... she has the same problem that you have (the name slips my mind) when I read it, I thought of you, and thought "Wow! I have to write and tell Emily!" Look at her...she has eight!!
Well, anyway..praying for a safe delivery!! Take care!

Jim and April said...

first of all..CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND! I have not read your blog long but I know your pain and now I rejoice with you in this great news! I Hope and pray you have a wonderful healthy 9 months and baby! God is so good!!! I agree with you though that I would not take back these experiences because I am the person I am today because of the way God is molding me!

Misty said...

Emily,
I stumbled across your page from your brother Mike's page some time ago and have kept you in my prayers! I am so happy for you and your hubby and will continue to pray that you have a healthy pregnancy!

Charlie McCoy said...

Girl!! I've already told you how happy I am for you and for Phil! God is so amazing and wonderful, and even though we have to go through some deep, dark valleys, He always brings us to the mountaintops! Enjoy this, and embrace everything you've been through, because I know that it's molded you into who you are today! Love you and I am so excited for you guys!!!!

private for now said...

I'm praying for you and your husband and congratulate you on your recent ultrasound! I just found your blog and am so thankful to have found it. After struggling for awhile with infertility, I found out I was pregnant two days ago. Reading your words connects me to my own thoughts and feelings (fear, amazement, thankfulness, awe, unworthiness).

Thank you!